Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Counting down the days...

Sorry it has been so long. Life just happens! These past couple weeks have been pretty hectic. My grandpa got really sick (They found 15 lesions on the liver and 1 on the pancreas). However we just found out yesterday that the tumor is extremely slow moving and treatable and not aggressive like we thought. We are planning an appointment with an oncologist very soon so that he can start treatment. Please keep him in your prayers<3 (He is 88 years old and said to me, "I still got another 5 years!") Now I know where I get my strength from!

Today I had my last "pre-chemo checkup". My white count was low as usual, so I got my last round of shots for the week. Next Tuesday (January 4th) I have my last treatment! I am so excited. This last half definitely went faster than the first half. Then the following Tuesday I check up with my oncologist and make my appointment for my PET scan. Then, that's it! It is going to be a great next couple weeks. I will do a better job of posting updates :), promise!

Always,
Amber :)!!!

3 comments:

  1. Amber!
    Thank you so much for the update!! We are so excited its your last treatment!! Will be praying for your Grandpa. Hope he feels better now. Yes I can see where you got that amazing spirit and strength:)
    You have been such an inspiration to all us this past year. Your joy for life, love for others, your compassion , your amazing attitude , yes I could go on and on :)
    Cant wait for the PET scan !!
    Will continue to pray for complete healing
    Keep us posted... let us know how grandpa is doing with treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber:

    That is awesome news! Loved reading your posts these past six months. You have been an encouragement and inspiration to me. I also love reading your other blog. You are so creative !! Its amazing how you transform those clothes. Youve got real talent! also love the inspiring words you post. Hope your grandpa is better now. Praying for him. Also praying that you'll feel great this coming year and that all your dreams come true and also looking forward to seeing you flourish in the world of fashion :)

    The Lord has you in the palm of His hand and will never let you down. You are the apple of His eye.

    Lots of love
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Amber'

    It's been a long time since we've heard from you.
    Glad to hear that soon you will be done with the treatments.
    Hope your grandfather is doing better.

    Take care and God Bless

    -Derek

    ReplyDelete