Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bittersweet.

This past Thursday, my grandpa passed away. It all went so fast. After we received the good news about the tumor, it all went downhill from there...quickly. The hospice care was fantastic though, and my family was just happy that he was at our home with all of us around him and not alone in the hospital. He lived such an amazing 88 years. He was such a special person and I am so happy that I got to spend so many wonderful years with him! (Both my grandparents moved in with us years ago which was one of the greatest decisions.) I feel so blessed that I got so much time with him because most people don't have that chance due to distance, etc. He is in such a better place now and I know I can still talk to him all the time. :)


On a lighter note, I have finished chemotherapy and I have never been more happy! However, this treatment I got sick...a lot! It lasted about a week but today I am feeling better than ever. Tuesday I have a visit with my oncologist to plan my PET scan. I am thinking it will be scheduled for the following week. I will post all about that the next time. I am anxious and excited to find out the results!
I definitely feel cancer-free! Crossin' my fingers :)

Lots of love! :)

Amber

2 comments:

  1. I love you Amber and truly, I can say that you are the strongest person I know and you are my lil hero. <3 I can't wait to see what the upcoming year brings us, together and apart, I just know it will be perfect in so many ways!! Love you always Canc<3333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks erbear<3 I love you too! You have been AMAZING through all of this. I could never ask for a better best friend. This year IS going to be great! (Especially winter break...Hehe.) I love you!!

    (Oh and I think I am going to change my headline to..."wuddup wit eryn!" Hahhaha Too great...)

    ReplyDelete